Pages

Sunday 19 December 2010

Fashion Advent Calendar: Day 19...and snow!


It is a very snowy, day 19 of my fashion advent calendar.
And I've got something suitably warm for you today...


This afternoon I could have done with this cosy Soul Cal cable knit hood scarf thingamajig, which is £26.99 from Republic. But then again most of us could have done with one of these, non? I've seen quite a few of these hood/scarf crossbreeds around this year and I really like them. The pom poms on this equal extra brownie points in my book.

As I said yesterday, I was meant to be going on a night out last night, needless to say I didn't because of all the snow, here in Buckinghamshire we've had about 6 or 7 inches. So today I had a nice long lie-in before my fella and I went for a walk around our village in the snow...

 That is us, in the snow.

I was fully kitted up, leggings, thermal long-sleeved top, jeans, jumper, two pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, scarf, ski-jacket, snow boots and woolly hat. OTT, maybe, but I despise being cold. 

After our walk we visited a pub down the road from us that has just reopened after a major refurbishment. It now looks amazing and we had a delicious lunch of sausage and onion butties and chips. Afterwards we returned home and watched a Muppet Christmas Carol, and now I'm cooking us a roast dinner. A pretty wonderful day!

My boss was meant to fly to Australia today for Christmas and her flight has been cancelled which is horrible. I know it has caused lots of people major travel problems. I'm a bit worried about getting to work tomorrow. My car is certainly not built for this sort of weather, being little and rear-wheel drive, just look at the poor thing...


 


Can you see the icicles having off the underneath?! Unsurprisingly I won't be driving it to work tomorrow unless all the snow happens to melt overnight. Hopefully my friend will be coming to pick me up in her more snowy-road-worthy car...fingers crossed.

Stay safe and warm you lot!


2 comments:

  1. one word GUTTED! This snow is doing my head in!!!
    shame about your night out :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and such an unusual piece of art! This is a unique item that I have never seen anywhere else and I would get such a lot of compliments wearing it! Plus its so warm and cosy looking and of course, bang on trend!! Wow. So jealous of these great items you have on here!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.