Pages

Sunday 18 July 2010

My dirty beauty secret!

Bonjour! I've been away for a couple of weeks on holiday in France, but now I am back (boo for the rubbish British weather), and I will have plenty of blog updates :)

So, confession time...I have committed the ultimate beauty crime, I had let my make-up brushes get in a right state! After reading lots online about the best brush cleansers I decided to plump for the Mac one, at only £8.00 for 233ml, it is also one of the more affordable big brand cleansers.


Dirty brushes!

After confessing to the Mac girl at my local counter she suggested I use baby shampoo initially to remove the bulk of the make up and dirt, then re-wash with the Mac solution. I had read lots of scary reports about why you shouldn't used baby shampoo (namely the lack of an alcohol means the brushes aren't disinfected), but as I was following it up with a proper brush cleanser I didn't worry about this.

Clean brushes!


The result: I was very impressed with not only how clean my brushes were after using the Mac cleanser, but also how soft they were. Some of these brushes I have had for a long time, and although I'm embarrassed to admit it, have never been washed! Even they came up nearly as good as new - I'd forgotten what colour some of them were originally, awful, I know!

I have confessed and repented, now I shall try and mend my ways. No more dirty brushes!



What beauty sins have you committed - any confessions?

FashionBandit x♥x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.