Pages

Friday 29 October 2010

What I Wore: The Vintage Bargain


I've had a very hectic couple of weeks, lots going on, so we've got lots of catching up to do! Above is a recent What I Wore for you. I've been loving my strong lipstick recently, lots of reds, pinks and oranges. I only ever really fancy wearing heavy coloured lipsticks in the winter - maybe I just feel a flash of lipstick looks better with cosy layered outfit. Anyways, here are the deets...

♥ Collared dress. I bought this little dress from a vintage and craft fair I went to at the beginning of the summer. Rather amazingly - I think - it cost me just £2. This was down to a tear in the shoulder seem, the fact someone had hacked out just one shoulder pad (opposite shoulder) instead of unpicking it. It was just around knee length when I bought it, so after I had fixed the aforementioned problems my mum assisted me in shortening it. I am really quite happy with the result, even though the fabric is a horrible polyester, if worn with an underskirt it's all good.
♥ White belt, this is also vintage. It once belonged to my mum, before I permanently borrowed it that is.
♥ Those red River Island platforms, perfect for summer or winter and they only cost me £15.
♥ Charnos tights, because they super thick and warm.

Oh and 'scuse the hair, rather bouffant isn't it? Don't worry, I've just had it cut.

FashionBandit x♥x

2 comments:

  1. What a bargain!! Looks fab on you.

    And the hair doesn't look bouffant at all!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed with this bargainous outfit! The dress looks great, can't believe it only cost you £2!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.