Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

What I Wore: To The Wedding


I told you a little while ago that I went to the hen party of my first friend to get married, Kate - well the wedding was last week. I had a real nightmare deciding on an outfit for the wedding I actually bought three dresses before I settled on this black number. I had a bit of a fashion melt down, the first dress, short enough to make the vicar blush, the second, so tight I wouldn't be able to eat a mouthful of wedding cake and finally this dress, that, well, was the same colour as the bridesmaids' dresses. Breaking the eternal wedding guest rule, but thankfully I got permission (via a frantic phone call) from the bride to wear black.

Anyhows, here is the breakdown;
♥ Black buttoned dress, H! by Henry Holland at Debenhams. The winning dress in a flattering 50s style cut.
♥ Black cardi, H&M
♥ Leopard print belt, New Look. I bought this to match my headpiece.
♥ Headpiece - made by me, separate flowers from H&M and widow's lace from local fabric shop.
♥ Aeroplane necklace, Eclectic Eccentricity, I bought this a couple of years ago - but it is still one of my faves.
♥ Shoes, Carvela.

The wedding itself was wonderful - I went with my fella and my parents as the bride is a family friend. Kate looked beautiful, wearing a fitted dress with black accessories. She even did her own hair and make up in a gorgeous vintage style - all pin curls and red lippy - I think she looked perfect!

 
 The lovely bride & groom

  Me & my boy, James

What I really like about the wedding is that the couple & family did a lot of the details themselves, menus, order of service, place cards, favours, table decorations etc. It made everything really personal. It was a great day, and I wish the couple a long and happy life together!

Anyone else been to any weddings recently or have any coming up? I'd love to know what you wore/ are planning to wear.




4 comments:

  1. Ah you look gorgeous! Love your headpiece.
    The bride looks stunning, I love her hair.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look stunning.. you should actually got for britain's next top model and what you are wearing is lovely.. I hate trying ti find outfits for weddings.

    The bride look beautiful, love her dress. I am also putting my bridesmaids in black :)

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning, you , the bride- all of it- lovely! So stylish.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look amazing, as does the bride!! x

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.