Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

Dressing the Legs

Hello lovely people! I have had a glorious weekend -thank you very much- as my lovely friend Sarah took me to a spa as my birthday present, which was marvelous. Although we were only in the hotel 24 hours, she came to Milton Keynes to see me first so actually spent all weekend together. One of the things we did over the weekend was go to see the very moving Journey's End at Milton Keynes Theatre. Honestly one of the best plays I have ever seen, it was beautifully done and left most of the audience in tears. This isn't a theatre blog so I'm not going to go on about it, but if you ever have the chance to see Journey's End - do it!

Today's post is about 'dressing the legs'. I'm a big lover of tights, long socks, leg warmers and all forms of funky leg-wear, needless-to-say I LOVE autumn. I have a little rule. No opaque tights before October. And I'm sticking by that. But that doesn't mean I can't plan for next week!

I read an article a few years back where SATC styling mastermind Patrica Field said that she thought dressing your legs was really important, and I have to agree. The easiest way to turn a simple outfit into a really interesting one is to whack on some wild tights.

With this all in mind I popped into M&S for a browse and their new range of very stylish fashion tights caught my eye...


These leopard print tights from the Autograph range (£9.50) are lovely because they are completely black and are more of a pattern than a print, unlike another leopard pair I have. The Limited collection star tights (£12) look VERY much like the ace Henry Holland ones I've seen Jessie J wearing. So I'm going to give them a go. There were quite a few other cool pairs including bandage style tights which are quite like the expensive (£32) Wolford tights Cheryl Cole wore in her Promise This video, so if I like these two pairs I might be making a return journey.



I also picked up these gorgeous knee high socks which have great textured knitted patterns on them and will look great with my boots, over natural tights.


I didn't actually buy these Sam & Jo cute knee high socks - they were part of my leaving present when I left the mag, but I absolutely adore them. In fact I might even wear them tomorrow, for my first day at my new job, as an Acting Account Manager for a super PR company, which is one of the mystery projects I recently mentioned!

On that note I need to go get myself organised. 
Wish me luck...





1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new job! You'll be great no doubt!
    I love those leopard print tights,look much so much classier than the few I've seen. Good old M&S.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, I ♥ reading your comments.